Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Barretts

Last night I returned from a long day of looking for work and studying for my psychology class to have dinner with the Barretts (the couple whose home I have been living in for the summer). We made a vegetable spaghetti sauce using produce from my garden and then went to see Wall-e in a nearly empty movie theater. As the evening progressed I enjoyed hearing their reminiscences about the city as it was 50 years ago. After the movie we had some soft-serve ice cream at Tasty Treat. Today we all helped a Chinese family to move and I got a sofa out of the deal. Mrs. Barrett also gave me a bunch of other items to complete my new place. I feel really blessed to have such good friends, it has made my transition back to the States so much easier.

Prayer requests:
-for a smooth move into my new apartment next week
-for my friend Sara. Her new baby is jaundiced and needs to stay in the hospital for a while.
-for my friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer, that they would get the best treatment possible and that they would come to have a personal relationship with Christ.
-that I would find a way to keep in contact with my friends overseas
-that I would find a satisfying role in the church here

No comments: