Monday, August 18, 2008

Making Salsa and Friends

This past Friday I had a chance to go bowling in celebration of Kristen Cambern's birthday. I was pleasantly surprised to meet a couple of German tourists who were visiting friends in the States and joined us in a couple of rounds of bowling.

In other news, the Garden Project had an open house this weekend so I was able to show people from the neighborhood around our plots. They had a lot of fun ideas for potential improvements to our garden including a compost pile, bee hives, and even a water tower! On Thursday I had attended a Salsa making workshop, so I was able to offer our visitors some homemade salsa and tortillas. Another benefit of the workshop was that one of the other participants invited me to her home to can with her. I am looking forward to learning from her experience.

The biggest news of the week, however, is that my new roommate has officially moved in. It is great to have her here.

No comments: